Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Wireless

I bought a new wireless router the other day. Hooked it all up and it worked just fine but then realized I had bought 802.11b EGADS that is old old old. Yesterday I ordered a LINKSYS WRT54GS ROUTER (802.11g) and a LINKSYS Wireless G Notebook Adapter. The router has speedboost so it should be much faster at transferring files over the network. Now I have to take the other router and card back to old WalMart. I can't believe they even had that thing on the shelf! The firmware version was from January 2004. No more buying computer stuff at old WallyWorld. I should have known better to begin with. I ordered the new router and card from Newegg.com .. no shipping fees and no tax! Plus, a $10 rebate on each item. YEAH!!

It is a gloom & doom day in this part of the country. Raining, raining and more on the way. I would much rather see snow any day.

No comments: