Monday, March 27, 2006

New DELL Inspiron E1505



What a cool laptop!! I finally received this last Friday after ordering it on March 12. Don't order brand new computers from DELL because the wait is too long :o) The other two computers I ordered from DELL were at my door 5 days after ordering!

The screen on this thing is "da bomb". Graphics look absolutely FANTASTIC! I got the 15.4" UltraSharp™ Wide Screen SXGA Plus Display with TrueLife™, Windows® XP Media Center 2005, Intel® Core™ Duo processor and a 24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive (didn't get DVD burner because I already have that in one of the desktops). Internal wireless 802.11g and all the other usual stuff .. haha The Core Duo Processor totally ROCKS! Now I wish I had this processor in my newest desktop :( The only thing I don't like is the Windows XP Media Center 2005 edition. When I reinstall the OS (which will be ASAP), I won't reinstall the Media Center. It is nothing but a hog on memory and resources and I have no use for it. Plus, DELL is always compelled to load up a new computer with tons of "bloatware". I have never seen so much crap preloaded before on a DELL. Oh well, it is all going bye-bye :o)

So far "I'M LOVIN IT"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos...
I've just purchased a digital camera (Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT),& am also in the market for notebook computer. Dell E1505 (or 6400 on business side) is my #1 choice, but I'm wondering how well photos display on the "Truelife" vs. a regular matte (non glossy) screen?
Also, the UltraSharp has a really high resolution for a 15.4" screen, & I'm wondering if you've found that this makes graphics difficult to read?
Thanks...
Chris
cjohn370@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

(Correction -
Re: my previous post: I mean to ask whether the UltraSharp's high resolution on 15.4" screen makes TEXT difficult to read)
-Chris

ShutterFreak said...

I love the "Truelife" monitor ... I think photos and graphics look so much better on it than the matte screen. You have to get used to the 15.4" widescreen ... text is awfully small but can easily be made larger. I use FireFox and an extension called "Text size toolbar" ... makes enlarging text a breeze.

I'm really pleased with the E1505 ... the build quality is excellent!

Congrats on your new Rebel XT ... you will love it!!