Friday, June 02, 2006

YaY ..... my new toy!

Totally cool camera! I ordered it on Tuesday and received it yesterday, Thursday. Newegg.com and FedEX are fast fast fast! Do I love it ...... of course I do! Lots of improvements over the original Digital Rebel. More bells and whistles! The larger LCD is wonderful. I can actually see the preview without putting on my glasses!

Will I be able to shoot better images ... NO Some people actually think that buying a new camera (DSLR + more megapixels + more bells & whistles) will enable them to produce beautiful photos. This is sooooooooo not true! I have seen beautiful images created with a P&S 2mp camera. It all depends on the person behind the camera and sometimes the glass in front of the camera! ha I don't have the best glass (no L's in my bag) in front of my Canon but my photos don't look all that shabby.

And, of course I haven't even had a chance to shoot anything with the new 30D yet because it is RAINING! It always happens to me .... buy a new camera or a new lens and it will rain for days! It does look like the rain may be ending later today tho. I certainly hope so .... my "shutter" finger is getting real "itchy" .... gotta try this new toy out. Who knows, maybe I won't like the 30D as much as I thought I would and send it back :o) NOT A CHANCE IN HELL of that happening!

2 comments:

Shepherd said...

Rain? That's the excuse. That's what they make umbrellas for. Come on now.

ShutterFreak said...

takes both hands to hold the cam with the Bigma attached ..... how could I possibly hold an umbrella :o)