Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy Birthday Jan!

WoW .... you are almost as old as me :o) We both made it another year!

I woke up this morning and remembered it was your Birthday before I even got out of bed. I started thinking about when we were little girls and the annual "weenie roast" at Lucy and Jan's and how great it would be if we could go back in time for just a day to relive those wonderful memories .... you, Mart, Tom and me playing in the "ditch". Yes, it is a special "ditch" and when Jan and I go for drives through the country, we always go to the ditch ... sit there and think about all the good times we had. Most people would think we were totally crazy .... parking in the middle of a small country lane and staring down into a "ditch". But, we hold precious and treasured memories in our hearts regarding that old "ditch" and those wonderful weenie roasts. I can close my eyes and see it all .... where did the years go? It seems like only yesterday ......

Well, my dearest and oldest friend, I hope you have a marvelous day!

No comments: