Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Northern Cardinal (female & male)

The male and female Northern Cardinal are two of the prettiest birds in North America. They know when I'm going to bring the food out and they are waiting. I lost some of my Cardinals when they cut down the big tree in my front yard but they are starting to come back. I have around 20-25 of them eating at the feeders right before daylight and right before sundown. They look so beautiful in the late evening sun. They are the prettiest when sitting in snow covered trees but as luck would have it, we haven't had any snow this year!


Check out the Snow Geese photos on my other blog The Nature of Things

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I clicked on one of your photos and realized the quality of the photo!!! Amazing. I really enjoy coming here.!!!