Friday, June 27, 2008

Sunflowers, Cardinals & a Hummingbird Moth

 moth

I took Albie out for a walk and started to come back in when I noticed a Snowberry Clearwing Hummingbird Moth on the shrub.  I was surprised that he was still in the same place when I came back out with the camera (wrong lens of course).  I could only get a shot of him from one angle so you can’t really see him very well.

 

sunflower3

Decided to take a few shots of the Sunflowers while I had the camera in my hands.  Not very good shots as the wind was blowing .

 

 

 

 

sunflower2

 

I only have two sunflowers and they came up voluntarily from the seeds dropping out of the bird feeders …. ha!

 

 

sunflower1

 

This one just started to open up this morning.

 

 

 

 

 

cardy1

 

I was standing close to a feeder and this Cardinal was not to pleased with me …. giving me the look!

 

 

cardy2

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hi from Kentucky! I was just blog hopping and stopped to read yours. I love your pictures and enjoyed reading your blog. Your dog is adorable. Have a good weekend.