Wednesday, July 02, 2008

American Robin (Turdus migratorius)

I was sitting in the front yard watching for the Catbird to pay a visit to the Mulberry Tree or the Blackberry bushes and this little guy flew right over the top of my head and landed up on a wire. He sat up there and peeped and peeped until mom finally came over and sat by him. She made numerous trips over to the Mulberry Tree … trying to get the baby to follow her. He wasn't having any part of it!






Mom gave up on trying to teach the baby anything and brought over a couple of berries for him. She sat there for several minutes before he realized she was close by.







Then he saw her! I'm sure he was thinking …. "wow I hope those berries are for me" ;)











How sweet is that …… mom feeding him the berries. Just look at that little wing … haha
You will want to click on this image to view it larger … too cute!

2 comments:

Judy said...

I just love your pictures and keep coming by to check them out. Baby birds are so cute. Have a nice 4th of July.

MS. B said...

As always a great shot:)